I am a FORMER OFFICE MANAGER at this
company and IMMEDIATELY quit when I became aware of their business practices. HERE ARE MANY FACTS:
1. Used to be TRI-STATE CHIMNEY in New Hyde Park,NY in the 90's-2000.
2. Got exposed by ARNOLD DIAZ for scamming homeowners, mostly SENIORS and closed down fast and moved, and became EM n EM chimney.
3. Their telemarketers use mortgage listings of homeowners that have owned homes for 30+ yrs and NEW homeowner listings with the previous homeowners names on it as well and say they used to service them. Then say to new homeowners that work was needed fast but owners were selling n would leave it for new owners.
4. They use Hard Wire brushes to cause cracks in the clay lining of chimney to scare u into a $3000 re-lining job that takes an hour to do and uses 300 dollars of material. Other repupital comps charge 800 at most for same work.
5. NOTHING HAS CHANGED THERE, I CURRENTLY HAVE A MOLE IN THERE OFFICE GATHERING INFO AND WE ARE WORKING WITH 7 ON YOUR SIDE (ABC TV)
Nothing to be afraid of.
I used them to clean my chimney, which we didn't really need considering that we have a natural gas heater. What I didn't know was that the previous owner of my house had an oil furnace and that the chimney was breaking down inside. EM&EM informed me and was very helpful. I signed a contract to hire them for the repair and they did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend them for any chimney repair and cleaning.
I was a bit skeptical of hiring them for fear that they would send over low paid workers who didn't really know what they were doing, but this was definately not the case. The guys who came over to do the repair were very knowledgeable.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!